There are many places on the Internet where members of the “DNSSEC community” gather to discuss DNSSEC, ask and answer questions and share new tools/services/questions. With new discussion areas appearing on new social services all the time, here are the public places we are currently aware of:
Email Discussion Lists:
- dnssec-coord – a list for people interested in promoting DNSSEC (advocacy/marketing/evangelism)
- dnssec-deployment – a list for people interested in DNSSEC deployment issues/tools/services
- JANET DNSSEC-DISCUSS – a list for members for the UK academic community
- dns-operations – a public forum for discussing DNS operational issues, of which DNSSEC is one of the many topics discussed.
- DNSSEC Tools Project “users” – a list for discussion of users of the tools associated with the DNSSEC Tools Project
- dns-esp – a Spanish-language DNS operations list
- The #DNSSEC hashtag is commonly used for DNSSEC-related tweets.
- DNS security issues are discussed in the “DNS” subreddit: http://www.reddit.com/r/dns/
IETF Working Groups
Within the Internet Engineering Task Force (IETF), DNSSEC-related issues and standards are developed and discussed in several different working groups, including:
- DNSOP – Domain Name System Operations
- DNSEXT – DNS Extensions
- DANE – DNS-based Authentication of Named Entities (see our resource page about DANE)
If you are aware of other places where people are gathering to talk about DNSSEC issues, please let us know.