1. Understand the basics of DNSSEC. If you would like to understand more of the basics of DNSSEC, we suggest starting with this video (and this video interview) and also viewing the following resources:
- DNSSEC Fact Sheet (available in multiple languages)
2. Learn how to deploy DNSSEC-validating DNS resolvers. For enterprise networks, the most important aspect of DNSSEC may be to deploy “DNSSEC-validating DNS resolvers” that allow users on your network to be able to have their DNS queries validated with DNSSEC. These resources are a great place to start:
- Deploying DNS: Validation on recursive caching name servers – a great whitepaper providing simple steps and information
- Microsoft’s guide to deploying DNSSEC on Windows Server 2012
- Our list of DNS servers supporting DNSSEC
3. Determine what tools may be out there to help automate your usage of DNSSEC.
4. Sign your own domains:
5. Build the case for management about your deployment of DNSSEC:
6. Keep up-to-date on the latest DNSSEC news and activities:
Please let us know how we can help you get DNSSEC deployed!