Nabil Bou-Khaled, Lebanon Chapter
Start date: November 2015
This project aims to host and manage the opendatalebanon.org portal and provide guidance and support to the various government agencies to assist them in the identification, transformation and publication of their datasets on the portal.
Most of that government data is public data by law, many governments around the world have been publishing their data on specialized websites free of charge. The purpose of this project is to start populating the platform with real data sets originating from government entities. For that, Lebanon Chapter will manage the portal and provide guidance and support to the various government agencies to assist them in the identification, transformation and publication of their datasets on the website.
- Hosting Lebanon open data portal: A web platform accessible to all to post and download over the Internet data sets in open data formats.
- Publishing linked data sets: Between 10 and 20 datasets from different ministries will be published by the end of the 2016.
- Organizing workshops and training sessions for governmental agencies: 5 to 10 government agencies will be trained to publish their datasets by the end of 2016.
- Creation of the Lebanon OD Node within the ODI network
- Advocating Open Data: Round-table discussions will be planned, one every three months, to relay the progress to the technical community and share the lessons learned and technical knowhow on best practice in identifying the data sets, data transformation and anonymization scenarios and technical options, development of APIs and publication of datasets in machine readable format.
- Organizing an open data apps development hackathon in Beirut to build the developers community
- Identified and retain the services of a project coordinator to manage the portal and provide guidance and support to the various government agencies and assist them in the identification, transformation and publication of their datasets on the portal.
- Identified and signed an MOU with a technical company experienced data manipulation and application development to assist in the technical aspects whenever the need arises.
- Identified two champion data providers, the Ministries of Health and the ministry of Environment and started working with them on the assessment of their datasets.