Sunday marks the beginning of the DNSSEC activities at the ICANN 61 meeting in San Juan, Puerto Rico. As per usual there will be a range of activities related to DNSSEC or DANE. Two of the sessions will be streamed live and will be recorded for later viewing. Here is what is happening.
All times below are Atlantic Standard Time (AST), which is UTC-4.
DNSSEC For Everybody: A Beginner’s Guide – Sunday, 11 March
On Sunday, March 11, we’ll have our “DNSSEC For Everybody: A Beginner’s Guide” session that will include our usual skit where a bunch of engineers act out how DNS and DNSSEC work! Yes, it’s a good bit of fun and people have told us it has helped tremendously.
- 17:00-18:15 – Room 102
- More info: https://61.schedule.icann.org/meetings/647720
- WATCH LIVE: https://participate.icann.org/sju61-102abc
Please come with your questions and prepare to learn all about DNSSEC!
DNSSEC Workshop – Wednesday, 14 March
Our big 6-hour workshop will take place on Wednesday, March 14, from 09:00 – 15:00 in Room 208-BC. Lunch will be included. Thank you to our lunch sponsors: Afilias, CIRA, and SIDN.
The very full agenda includes:
- DNSSEC Workshop Introduction, Program, Deployment Around the World – Counts, Counts, Counts
- Panel: DNSSEC Activities, including representatives of .CA, .PR and .BR
- A Sentinel for Detecting Trusted Keys in DNSSEC
- Experience with DNSSEC Validation at CPE
- DNSSEC HSM, Signer and KSK Rollover
- Negative Trust Anchors
- Real World DANE Inter-Domain Email Transport
- Panel: Current State of Root KSK Rollover and What’s Next?
- DNSSEC – How Can I Help?
It should be an outstanding session!
- 09:00 – 15:00, Room 208-BC
- WATCH LIVE: https://participate.icann.org/sju61-208bc
- More info and slides are available from these URLs (ICANN’s online schedule system breaks it up into sections based on breaks and lunch):
DNSSEC Implementers Gathering – 14 March
On the evening of Wednesday, March 14, after the DNSSEC Workshop is all over, we’ll have our informal “DNSSEC Implementers Gathering” bringing together people who have implemented DNSSEC or DANE in some way for a time to share information, have conversation and light snacks. Invitations have gone out to various DNSSEC mailing lists – if you are interested in attending please send a message to me at email@example.com. We thank Afilias for their generous sponsorship of this gathering at ICANN 61!
As I am not able to travel to ICANN 61, I want to thank Jacques Latour for stepping in to help with some of the emceeing and other meeting facilitation duties that I often do.
Please do join us for a great set of sessions about how we can work together to make the DNS more secure and trusted!
If you would like more information about DNSSEC or DANE, please visit our Start Here page to begin.