We’re just one month away from ION Durban, to be held Thursday, 7 September. ION will be part of the South African iWeek. iWeek includes events with the ISP Association (ISPA), the South African Network Operators’ Group (SAFNOG), and the South African Domain Name Authority (ZADNA). As usual, this ION also has generous support from our ION Conference Series Sponsor Afilias.
- Welcome from the ISOC Chapter
Thato Mfikwe, ISOC-Gauteng
- IPv6 Deployment in South Africa
- An IPv6 Case Study
Andrew Alston, Liquid Telecom
- Panel Discussion: MANRS, Routing Security, and Collaboration
Moderator: Kevin Meynell, Internet Society.
Panelists: Ben Maddison, Workonline Communications
- NAT64 experiments and NAT64Check tool
Jan Zorz, Internet Society
- Introduction to DNSSEC and Why We Need It
- A DNSSEC Case Study
- What’s Happening at the IETF? Internet Standards and How to Get Involved
Kevin Meynell, Internet Society
- Panel Discussion: IPv6 Success Stories
Moderator: Kevin Chege, Internet Society.
Panelists: Andrew Alston, Liquid Telecom; Mark Elkins
Registration is now open. We’re also hoping to live stream the ION, so even if you can’t be there in person you’ll be able to follow along online. (Stay tuned for more information on that as we get closer.)
Will you be in Durban or watching online? Please speak up in the comments below or via our social media channels. We’ll be using #IONConf onsite!
We hope to see you in Durban, or at another event!