Is the Internet bringing us together? Or is it further dividing us? Will the Internet of the future be a force for social cohesion? Or will it lead to greater fragmentation?
Please join us on Thursday, May 11, from 12:30 – 14:00 BST (UTC+1) for a live video stream out of the Royal Institute of International Affairs at Chatham House in London, UK. In the session a panel of experts will address these and many related questions (view the longer description):
Speakers and panelists include:
- Prof. Dr. Erik Huizer, CTO SURFnet, Internet Hall of Fame inductee
- Ms. Kathryn Brown, President and CEO, Internet Society
- Dr. Ismail Syed Shah, Chairman, Pakistan Telecommunications Authority
- Mr. James Arroyo, OBE, Director for Data, Foreign and Commonwealth Office
- Ms. Unoma Ndili Okarafor, Ph.D. Founder & CEO at Herbal Papaya, WAAW Foundation
- Ms. Rebecca MacKinnon, Director of the Ranking Digital Rights project at New America
The session will be recorded for those unable to watch live.
We encourage you all to join in; to share the information about this event; and to discuss this question with others – how does the Internet affect our society?