Friday marks the beginning of the ICANN 57 meeting in Hyderabad, India. As per usual there will be a range of activities related to DNSSEC or DANE. Two of the sessions will be streamed live and will be recorded for later viewing. Here is what is happening.
All times below are India Standard Time (IST), which is UTC+05:30. (Yes, it is a half-hour off from other timezones.)
DNSSEC For Everybody: A Beginner’s Guide – 4 Nov
On Friday, November 4, 2016, we’ll have our “DNSSEC For Everybody: A Beginner’s Guide” session that will include our usual skit where a bunch of engineers act out how DNS and DNSSEC work! Yes, it’s a good bit of fun and people have told us it has helped tremendously.
- 17:00-18:30 – Hall 2
- More info: https://icann572016.sched.org/event/8cyu/dnssec-for-everybody-a-beginners-guide
- WATCH LIVE: https://participate.icann.org/hyd57-hall2
Please come with your questions and prepare to learn all about DNSSEC!
DNSSEC Implementers Gathering – 6 Nov
On Sunday, November 6, we’ll have our informal “DNSSEC Implementers Gathering” bringing together people who have implemented DNSSEC or DANE in some way for a time to share information, have conversation and light snacks. Invitations have gone out to various DNSSEC mailing lists – if you are interested in attending please send a message to me at firstname.lastname@example.org. We thank Afilias for their generous sponsorship of this gathering at ICANN 57!
DNSSEC Workshop – 7 Nov
Our big 6-hour workshop will take place on Monday, November 7, from 09:00 – 15:00 in Room G.03/G.04. Lunch will be included. Thank you to our lunch sponsors: Afilias, CIRA, Dyn and SIDN.
The very full agenda includes:
- DNSSEC Workshop Introduction, Program, Deployment Around the World – Counts, Counts, Counts
- Panel: DNSSEC Activities in the Asia Pacific Region
- Aggressive Use of NSEC/NSEC3
- Panel: Root Key Rollover Discussion – Recursive Resolver Software Readiness
- Demonstration: DNS Operator Interface for DNSSEC
- Research Infrastructure for Internet Naming, Identification, and the DNS
- The Great DNSSEC/DNS Quiz
- Demonstration: Windows Server DNSSEC Functionality
- Demonstration: DNSSEC-S/MIME-DANE Package for Microsoft Outlook
- Secure Mailserver Using DNSSEC/TLSA
- DNSSEC – How Can I Help?
It should be an outstanding session!
- 09:00 – 15:00, Room G.03/G.04
- WATCH LIVE: https://participate.icann.org/hyd57-G3
- More info and slides are available from these URLs (ICANN’s online schedule system breaks it up into sections based on breaks and lunch):
As neither I nor Russ Mundy were able to travel to Hyderabad, I want to personally thank Wes Hardaker and Jacques Latour for stepping in to help with some of the emceeing and other meeting facilitation duties.
Please do join us for a great set of sessions about how we can work together to make the DNS more secure and trusted!
If you would like more information about DNSSEC or DANE, please visit our Start Here page to begin.