After the inaugural Caribbean Peering & Interconnection Forum (CarPIF) event conducted in Barbados in June 2015, Curaçao will be the location for the second CarPIF. CarPIF2 officially begins tomorrow, Wednesday, June 8, at 9:00 AST (UTC-4) and continues through Thursday, June 9. The event will be streamed live for remote viewing. The agenda is online listing all of the sessions.
CarPIF is an initiative of the Packet Clearing House(PCH) and the Internet Society(ISOC). Regional organizations such as the Caribbean Telecommunications Union(CTU) and the Caribbean Network Operators’ Group(CaribNOG) support this initiative.
This second CarPIF is hosted by the Amsterdam Internet Exchange Point(AMS-IX) and the Regulatory agency in Curaçao, Bureau Telecommunicatie en Post(BTP). Key regional and global organizations have already confirmed their participations. A line up of very interesting speakers are scheduled to present as well.
The main objectives of CarPIF are:
- Acquire knowledge on the latest global peering and interconnection trends, techniques and strategies;
- Opportunity to initiate and seal local and international interconnection agreements;
- Advance the Caribbean and global Internet competitiveness.
CarPIF is a special opportunity to connect with peers and industry colleagues to advance local and regional initiatives and build interconnections in the Caribbean. This is the second event of its kind where stakeholders from the regional private and public sectors will be sharing with the counterparts from across the world on the issues surrounding Internet connectivity, peering and interconnection in the Caribbean.
- Internet Exchange Point (IXP) Operators;
- Carriers and Transit providers;
- Internet service providers and operators;
- Telecommunications regulators;
- Content providers;
- Data center managers;
- National research and education networks.
The event will take place 8-9 June 2016, with a pre-event social event in the evening of June 7th at the Renaissance Hotel in Curaçao.
More information can be found at: www.connectedcaribbean.com
The event will be live-streamed at: http://www.carpif.net/webcast