Next week is the 56th meeting of the Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN) in Helsinki, Finland, and while it is a smaller “policy forum” style of meeting, there will still be some activities related to DNSSEC, DANE and DNS security in general. Unlike the larger meetings, there will not be the “DNSSEC for Everybody” session with its ever-popular skit. The 6-hour DNSSEC Workshop will also be moved to Monday from its traditional Wednesday – and will split the day with “Tech Day”. The informal DNSSEC Implementers Gathering will also move from Monday evening to Tuesday evening.
So with all that, here’s what the schedule looks like…
The DNSSEC Workshop will take place on the morning of Monday, 27 June 2016. All times are Eastern European Summer Time (EEST), which is UTC+3.
We are grateful to four companies for their sponsorship of this event: Afilias, CIRA, Dyn and SIDN.
- 09:15-09:30–Introduction/Maps: Dan York, Internet Society
- 09:30-10:00–Measurement Survey of Server-Side DNSSEC Adoption: Matthäus Wander
- 10:00-10:15–Observation of DNSSEC Trends: Geoff Huston, APNIC
- 10:15-11:15–Panel Discussion: DNSSEC Deployment Challenges: Nick Shorey, Dani Grant, CloudFlare, Ari-Matti Husa, FICORA, Geoff Huston, APNIC
- 11:15-11:45–KSK Rollover and ZSK Length Increase: Roy Arends, ICANN and Duane Wessels, Verisign
- 11:45-12:00–DNSSEC Encryption Algorithms: Dan York, Internet Society, and Ondrej Sury, CZNIC
- 12:00-12:15–DNSSEC: How Can I Help? Dan York, Internet Society, and Russ Mundy, Parsons
- 12:15-12:30–DNSSEC/DNS Quiz: Roy Arends, ICANN
- 12:30-13:30–Sponsored Lunch
All sessions will be available for remote participation and will be recorded for later viewing:
- Adobe Connect https://icann.adobeconnect.com/hel56-veranda2
- English Audio http://stream.icann.org:8000/hel56-veranda2
- English Audio (Low Bitrate) http://stream.icann.org:8000/hel56-veranda2-en-lo.m3u
We’ve got some great sessions and we’re looking forward to another exciting session! And after lunch you can stay around for “Tech Day” where there will be a range of other DNS-related talks.
DNSSEC Implementers Gathering
On Tuesday evening, many of us who have been involved with DNSSEC, DANE or “DNS security” will gather informally at a local restaurant in Helsinki. We’ll have some light food, drinks and conversation. If you’d like to join us, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
And… that will be it! There’s no Technology Experts Group (TEG) meeting with the ICANN Board or anything else that we usually are involved with.
If you are at ICANN 56 please do say hello – you can find me in these sessions… or drop me a note at email@example.com and we can arrange a time to connect.
And … if you want to get started with DNSSEC and DANE, please visit our Start Here page to find resources that can help!