UPDATE: The hearing has now concluded. You can now:
- Watch a replay of the hearing and read the witness testimony on the U.S. Senate web page for the hearing.
- Read the testimony of IAB Chair Andrew Sullivan posted on the IAB web site.
You can watch a live stream of the session and read the witness testimony and opening statements at:
Andrew Sullivan, chair of the Internet Architecture Board (IAB), will be speaking as one of the witnesses. For those of you in Washington, DC, the hearing, titled “Examining the Multistakeholder Plan for Transitioning the Internet Assigned Number Authority” will take place in the Senate Russell Building room 253.
For background on the Internet Society’s views, please visit our IANA Transition page. Specifically you may want to read:
- Our briefing paper: Perspectives on the IANA Stewardship Transition Principles
- The testimony from Sally Wentworth in March 2016 before a US Congressional Subcommittee in a hearing on “Privatizing the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority”.
- A blog post from our President/CEO Kathy Brown: A note to the ISOC Community: Marking our success, building on IANA momentum to keep Internet on track
I also encourage you to read our new paper: Internet Governance – Why the Multistakeholder Approach Works.
I look forward to the hearing tomorrow in DC and will be available for comments to the media. Please contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.