On Thursday, March 17, 2016, our VP of Global Policy Development, Sally Shipman Wentworth, will be testifying before the U.S. Congress on the topic of “Privatizing the Internet Assigned Numbers Authority” (IANA) starting at 10:15am US EDT (UTC-4). You can learn about the hearing at:
and watch live at:
Sally’s written testimony is available in advance from our site at:
and also from our general IANA stewardship transition page.
The hearing is before the Communications and Technology Subcommittee of the U.S. House of Representatives Energy and Commerce Committee. The speakers as of now will be:
- Dr. Alissa Cooper, Chair, IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group
- Mr. Steve DelBianco, Executive Director, NetChoice
- The Honorable David A. Gross, Former U.S. Coordinator, International Communications and Informational Policy, Wiley Rein LLP
- Ms. Audrey Plonk, Director, Global Security and Internet Governance Policy, Intel Corporation
- Mr. Matthew Shears, Representative and Director, Global Internet Policy and Human Rights Project, Center for Democracy and Technology (CDT)
- Ms. Sally Shipman Wentworth, Vice President, Global Policy Development, Internet Society
Please see our IANA Stewardship Transition page for more background information. The video stream will be recorded if you are unable to watch the session live.