After two great ION Conferences so far this year in Kandy, Sri Lanka, and Port of Spain, Trinidad, we are very pleased to announce that we’re hard at work on ION Cape Town, which will take place on Tuesday, 8 September, alongside the South Africa iWeek.
We’re lucky to once again have a *full day* program so we can cover all our favorite topics including IPv6, DNSSEC, Securing BGP, and TLS for Applications. As usual, this ION has generous support from our ION Conference Series Sponsor Afilias and both the ISOC South Africa Chapter and the ISOC Gauteng Chapter.
Our draft agenda is online already and we’re working on filling the speaker slots, so if you’ll be attending iWeek and you think you might make a good candidate, please speak up in the comments below or via our
social media channels. A quick preview of some of our draft session titles:
- Why Implement DNSSEC?
- Deploying DNSSEC: A Case Study
- Lock it Up: TLS for Network Operators
- Three Years After World IPv6 Launch: Are We There Yet?
- DANE: The Future of Transport Layer Security (TLS)
- What’s Happening at the IETF? Internet Standards and How to Get Involved
- Operators & the IETF
- Collaborative Security: Routing Resilience Manifesto and MANRS
- Best Current Operational Practices – An Update
- IPv6 Success Stories – Network Operators Tell All!
iWeek is South Africa’s leading annual Internet industry conference, and has been held each year since 2001. iWeek brings together all of South Africa’s major Internet organizations for a series of presentations, workshops, training programs, and social events. The event partners are:
- The Internet Service Providers’ Association (ISPA)
- The ZA Central Registry (ZACR)
- The ZA Domain Name Authority (ZADNA)
- The South African Internet Exchange (INX-ZA)
We’re still working out the logistics and registration details, so stay tuned to the ION Cape Town website or
this blog for more information. We’re also planning to live stream the ION, so even if you can’t be there in person you’ll be able to follow along online.
We’re also still working on one more ION Conference for 2015, as well as our 2016 and beyond locations. Are you part of something that might lend itself to co-locating with an ION? Let us know! We hold three or four events each year in locations all over the world, and we are open to all sorts of opportunities. Contact us to discuss co-location possibilities, or how your company could sponsor an existing ION Conference.
We hope to see you in Cape Town, or at a future event!