After months of work by the global multistakeholder community-and following last week’s US Senate Committee on Commerce, Science and Transportation hearing entitled “Preserving the Multistakeholder Model of Internet Governance”- the Internet Society is organizing a webinar on Wednesday, 4 March 2015 at 1400 UTC.
Even if you haven’t been following the process closely so far, the webinar will provide an update on where things stand today and where they are heading.
The Internet Society is organizing this webinar as part of its efforts to provide information for-and to facilitate discussions among-the broader Internet community about the IANA Stewardship Transition process. So, feel free to join and share broadly.
Confirmed webinar participants include:
* Theresa Swinehart, Sr. Advisor to the President on Strategy, ICANN
* Patrik Fältström, Vice Chair, IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group
* Eliot Lear, Member, Internet Architecture Board and author of the Internet Engineering Task Force IANAPLAN document
* Nurani Nimpuno, Member, Consolidated RIR IANA Stewardship Proposal Team
* Matthew Shears, Participant, ICANN Cross Community Working Group
* Demi Getschko, Internet Society appointee to IANA Stewardship Transition Coordination Group
And, we expect time for Q&A.
For more detail, including participation instructions, click here.