Happy New Year! It’s 2015 … what are you going to do differently this year? Will you get your websites working over IPv6? Will you sign your domains with DNSSEC and enable validation? Will you use TLS for all your websites and applications?
We’re looking forward to a great 2015. We’ll be holding ION conferences around the world, including ION Sri Lanka coming up shortly on January 18. We’ll be writing on our blog and posting video, audio, slides and more to all our various sites and services. We’ll be speaking and participating at events from ICANN, IETF and many, many more. We’ll be helping get more BCOP documents written and doing whatever we can to improve communication between network operators and the IETF.
2015 is going to be a great year!
If you haven’t yet made technical plans for 2015, may we suggest some ideas? How about:
- Make your website content available over IPv6 – We have some suggestions for how to get started. And why not see if you can get your content available over IPv6 by June 6, 2015, the third anniversary of World IPv6 Launch!
- Sign your domain with DNSSEC. Here are instructions for some registrars and DNS hosting operators – and ask your DNS hosting provider about how to get DNSSEC signing in their system.
- Set up your DNS resolvers to perform DNSSEC validation – there’s a great whitepaper that shows how easy this is!
- Join the MANRS Initiative and declare publicly that your network will help keep the Internet’s routing infrastructure clean! See the MANRS document for more info.
- Tighten up the security of your router – read this Internet-Draft around BGP operations and security to understand how you can better protect your routing infrastructure.
- Add TLS to your websites – check out our TLS for Applications area.
Why not make one of these your resolution for the year and see what can happen?
Let’s make 2015 amazing!