As we mentioned last week, the DNSSEC Workshop at ICANN50 will take place from 8:30 – 14:45 London time TODAY, June 25, 2013 and will be streamed live via audio or via Adobe Connect (combined audio, slides and video). More info can be found at:
The links for remote listening can be found there, as can the presentation slides. The session will be recorded for later viewing if you can’t see it live. This is the week’s big session on DNSSEC and covers topics such as:
- Introduction and DNSSEC Deployment Around the World
- DNSSEC Activities in the European region
- The Operational Realities of Running DNSSEC
- DANE and DNSSEC Applications
- DNSSEC Automation
- Panel Discussion/Demonstrations on Hardware Security Modules (HSMs)
We’ll also have a presentation from CDN provider Cloudflare about their plans for DNSSEC, a session about key rollovers and some great demos of new tools and services. It should be quite an interesting and educational day!
Getting to the room for the DNSSEC Workshop
If you are here in London it turns out that finding the room where the DNSSEC Workshop will be held is a bit of a challenge. The location is “Hilton 1-6” on the third floor of the Tower Wing (the wing in the middle). The directions are as follows:
- Go right after exiting the elevators on the third floor and take an immediate right again (there will be a sign on the wall for Hilton rooms 1-17)
- Take a left at the next corridor.
- Take a right at a wide corridor where there are some tables on the right (there will be a sign on the wall for Hilton rooms 1-17)
- Go down the stairs under the sign “Hilton Meeting Room Business Center”
From this point there are two ways to enter at the back of the room (there is a third way but it is harder to describe):
- Go straight ahead through the ICANN staff breakfast/lunch area to the door marked Hilton 1.
- Go down the left-hand corridor to the door on the right marked Hilton 3
When in doubt, ask any Hilton staff person or ICANN staff person. We hope to see you there!
All the slides for today’s session can be found on the ICANN web page for the session.