Next week will be an extremely busy week for two of our team members at the RIPE 68 meeting happening May 12-16 in Warsaw, Poland. Both Jan Žorž and Chris Grundemann will be there and as Jan is also a member of the Program Committee he has a very active week there.
Looking at the very packed RIPE 68 Meeting Plan, the week looks like this:
First, Chris Grundemann will be speaking in the “Lightning Talks” plenary session happening sometime between 16:00-17:30 about our “Operators and the IETF” project and what we are doing to try to get more network operators involved with the IETF standards process.
Jan will be chairing one of the early plenary sessions but his main activity will be the Best Current Operational Practices (BCOP) Taskforce meeting happening Monday night. Several aspects:
- Jan is chairing the overall session along with Benno Overeinder
- Jan will be speaking about the document on “IPv6 Troubleshooting for Helpdesks”, of which he is one of the editors
- Our colleague Andrei Robachevsky will be speaking about the “Code of Conduct” initiative
Jan, as you may be aware, also heads up our effort focused on getting more BCOP documentation out there.
I’ll note that later in the day (16:00-17:30) there will be a session celebrating 25 years of RIPE which will be great to see! (And congratulations are certainly due to everyone in the RIPE community on hitting that milestone!)
On Wednesday we don’t have any specific Deploy360-related presentations, although Jan will be presenting as an individual in a session about the address policy working group.
For us, Thursday will be all about the IPv6 Working Group, with multiple activities:
- Jan and Sander Steffann will be presenting about the work underway to update the RIPE-554 requirements for IPv6 in ICT equipment.
- Jan and Benno Overeinder will be speaking again about the BCOP document for IPv6 troubleshooting for helpdesks.
You can expect to find both Jan and Chris in that session given the other very interesting presentations as well.
While there in Warsaw both Chris and Jan are very interested to talk to people about how we can help you with your deployment of IPv6, DNSSEC or the other topics we cover. If you’d like to meet with either of them, you can find them in the sessions above – or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.