Why are you excited about World IPv6 Launch? What have you done to prepare your network or websites to participate in the event? What has your company or organization done? Why do you want to see IPv6 available to everyone? How do you see IPv6 making a better Internet?
On June 6, 2012, starting at 00:06 UTC, we’ll be using the World IPv6 Launch YouTube channel to share out your videos helping celebrate the event! We’ve already received some great contributions from some of the participants and from some Internet Society Chapters – now we want to add YOUR story!
Want to join in the celebration? Here’s what we ask:
1. Record a short video answering some of these questions (whichever ones you want):
- Why do you think IPv6 deployment is important?
- What are you doing personally to prepare for World IPv6 Launch?
- What is your company doing to prepare for World IPv6 Launch?
- What does the Internet look like when the next 5 billion people come online?
The video doesn’t need to be fancy… using your webcam, mobile phone or whatever is perfectly fine.
The video doesn’t need to be long… a 1 or 2 minute video is great! We just want to share the stories.
2. Upload the video to YouTube. When you upload the video to your account, please add the tag “v6launch” to the video so that other people can easily find these videos through searching.
3. Send us the link to your video! Please send an email message with the link to:
That’s it! We’ll include as many as possible in our playlist and publishing.
DEADLINE – PLEASE SEND US THE LINK TO YOUR VIDEO BY THE END OF THE DAY ON MONDAY, JUNE 4th!
We will be queueing up all the videos on Tuesday, June 5th, so we need the links by the end of the day on Monday, June 4th.
This is your chance to share the story of what you and/or your company/organization have done to help make IPv6 the “new normal” for the Internet!
Thanks for participating and joining us in this celebration!
As an example of the type of video we’re looking for, here’s my (Dan York) contribution to the video stream: