What should home users be most concerned about with regard to IPv6? Over at the Mac Observer, John Martellaro wrote a great article titled, “A Layman’s Guide To The IPv6 Transition” where he takes a look at how the IPv6 transition may affect residential users. He covers questions such as:
- What is TCP/IP?
- Why is IPv4 Inadequate?
- What Is The Industry Planning?
- How Will the Change Affect Your Computer?
- How Will the Change Affect Your Cable Modem?
- How Will the Change Affect Your Home Router?
- What About Your Other Home Devices?
- IPv6 and Security
- Will There be an Extra Charge for IPv6?
- What if You do Nothing?
You may find this article a useful resource to pass along to non-technical colleagues or friends who want to know more about how IPv6 may affect their home network.